Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Grateful...

First of all I just want to say that this season of Project Runway sucks. It does not even come close to comparing to last season, not by a mile. And the challenges have been horrible. And the designers are……well……less than outstanding, but more than dislikeable…..except for Daniel. Oh, and Keith. Oh, and Blayne……damn! I can’t stand this season. So disappointing. Having said that, I kind of want Korto to win. I like Leanne, but I don’t know if I want her to win. I like Jerrell, but I am still on the fence about where he should fall. Kenley, as much as I think she is talented, she needs to shut her mouth. I do think, with her mouth clenched, she has the ability to be in the top 3. Suede…..well, I don’t think he has the talent. He is likeable, and I think he is talented, but I don’t believe he is talented enough. Kelly should never have been voted off the show and especially not after just a couple of shows! I was pissed about that. Anyway, this season sucks, and yet I am still addicted. They better step it up next season though.

Now on to business. I have been feeling a little melancholy this evening for whatever reason. Don’t ask me why because I really have no clue. Although I have forgetfully not taken my Vitamins D and C the last two days and that MIGHT have just a slight bit to do with it. Who knows? Maybe I am getting my period. I don’t know. Anyway, I have been thinking a lot about what we/I have and where I am as a person right now. I have not one thing to complain about…..not that I want one either. I am just saying that Adam and I are in such a good place right now. We have a house with a solid mortgage. We have a little money in the bank. We both have very solid jobs, although Adam is not too thrilled with his at the moment, but we are both making very good money and are stable. We have each other! We still have Gizmo even with all her little health issues. We have so many true friends and family members around and give us such strong support. I am grateful for all these things. I almost feel a little guilty because I see so many people around us (friends and family) that are having a really rough time right now. I have multiple friends in rocky relationships. There are so many people around us that have lost family members (mostly to cancer) in the last 9 months or anticipating that loss in the very short term. I know a number of people that work like dogs and get no where and others that are on the verge of loosing their jobs for one reason or another. Plus, it doesn’t help that I watch the news and see the train wreck that is the economy and how it is affecting the whole country, not to mentions hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and anything else Mother Nature keeps pummeling people with. It all seems so tragic and overwhelming.

I am grateful for the never ending laundry. I am grateful to scrub the bathroom and the floors. I am grateful for the TV I get to watch Project Runway on, crappy season and all. I am grateful to have the opportunity to go to the gym and get my fat ass moving. I am grateful I get to sit in traffic, although that is a rare occurrence these days. I am grateful for the garbage that needs to be taken every couple of days. I am even grateful to clean up after Gizmo. I am grateful for the life that I have, and I believe I have worked my ass off to get here.

So that is all I have to say about that. I am going to curl up in bed, for which I am also grateful.

No comments: